Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kaspersky's Best Windows Phone Security Apps


I came across this post today on the Kaspersky lab blog where Whiskers has been recognized as one of the best Windows Phone Security Apps. Hooray!


The post lists twenty different security apps and Whiskers made #18 on the list...



It was really kewl to come across this today. I don't have huge download numbers for this app but the feedback I get from people is always great.


When I created Whiskers, I figured it would probably not get very many hits because of the name. You see, the name doesn't have "password", or "locker", or "security", or "encryption" in the name and the Windows Phone Store search mechanism has always been less than desirable when it comes to finding apps using plain old search in the Store. Many people looking for a secure password locker for their WP usually don't come across Whiskers.


There is a reason for the odd name...if your phone is lost or stolen and someone gets access to it, my hope is that Whiskers is not the first app they open to see all of your secrets, passwords, etc. With a name that has "password" in it, I'm sure that acts like a big shiny red button for the curious and down-right evil. With name like "Whiskers", who's gonna look at that? :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, hey how come I can't download your app in New Zealand. It's blocked from us. Why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated the markets to include New Zealand and Australia. You should be able to see it within the next 24 hours :)

      Delete
  2. Hey thanks mate. Downloaded it today and love it. Great UI and easy to navigate. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete